Friday, December 24, 2010

a stable place sufficed.....

As Mark and I are looking at all the features of potential homes for our little family, we've been considering all the features... granite counters, hardwood floors, square footage... but stressing over those details really seemed quite vain when I really listened to one of my all time favorite Christmas songs, In the Bleak Midwinter. Especially the line that says,

In the bleak mid winter, a stable place sufficed... for the Lord Almighty, Jesus Christ.



In the bleak midwinter frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone.
Snow had fallen, snow on snow
Snow on snow on snow
In the bleak midwinter oh so long ago.


Heaven cannot hold Him, nor the earth sustain
Heaven and earth shall flee away
When He comes to reign.
In the bleak midwinter, a stable place sufficed
For the Lord Almighty, Jesus Christ.

Angels and Archangels may have gathered there
Cherubim and Seraphim thronged the air
But his mother only, in her maiden bliss
Worshipped her beloved with a kiss.

What then can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb
If I were a wiseman, I would do my part
What then can I give Him? Give my heart.


3 comments:

Niki Carter said...

I love it!! You are amazing my friend . . . always have been . . . always will be.

Kirstin said...

You are incredible April! I adore you. And I'm happy you are still going to be close to me! Expect a video email of a happy jig soon!

lily said...

Possibly the most amazing blog that I read all year vintage wedding!?!