Friday, March 26, 2010

still geekin' out over these cookies

My little guy is becoming quite the cookie monster! "Cookoo? Cookoo, Mommy?" Yes. Mommy is cookoo.. over this recipe!!! This is one of those, "Yes!!! Something can be good and healthy at the same time" recipes! This will restore your faith in online recipes!

Here's the link.


I only add 1 cup of rolled oats and I put them through my coffee grinder along with the almonds and dried coconut because I like a less 'oatie' cookie. If I do put in the full 2 cups of oats I add 4.5 bananas instead of 3. I use the Ghiradelli Extra Dark chocolate chips you can find at any grocery store. I love these!!! Yum Yum!! And I feel much better about giving these to my little tot than those yummy but loaded cookies you get from the bakery.

I'm actually so crazy about these that I prepare a bunch of baggies of the dry ingredients at once so when I want to make them I just add the bananas, vanilla and coconut oil and bake 'em up! Delicioso!

11 comments:

kat said...

these do look awesome! Thanks for the tip.

your little family is beautiful!

Shane's Angie said...

Carrie saw your post from my blog and totally made your cookies the other day! So yum! Thanks Ape!

Lisa/Scott said...

That's so funny, I've actually been on a cookie making fix for the last two weeks! I'm going to have to try this recipe.

Katie said...

Are these the ones you made for the last girls night, at your house?

Steve and Jen said...

ooooo! :) I looked up the recipe and am going to try it any day now. I hope you guys are doing good!!!!

Steve and Jen said...

I DID IT!! and i agree, YUM!!! I don't know it they turned out exactly right though, I hope they were supposed to still be a little mushy, or soft, ya know. They are alittle bit crispy on the edges, YUM! I have a friend that is allergic to gluten and when i told her about this recipe she got really excited. She just has to substitute the oats for Gluten-Free Oats. But, anyway, YOU ROCK!!! Please share more of your favorite recipes! I ate like 4 and got stuffed, one is TOTALLY enough. :)

Mark and April Sullivan said...

These are the ones from our girls' dinner. They are so super yummy!

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

Kirstin said...

When are we making 'em?

lily said...

pretty good post. I lawful stumbled upon your blog and wanted to command that I get really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any condition I’ ll be subscribing to your maintain and I hope you despatch again soon christian louboutin fur boots.